From drug discovery to
Drug Discovery – linking target to disease to drive innovationOur flexible drug discovery teams strive to convert best-in-class science into commercially viable medicines that can serve our patients unmet medical needs – independent of required modality or technology. In our state-of-the-art research and development facilities we can conduct all necessary tests and analyses required to deliver innovative, differentiated candidates.
Our expertise includes:
- selection and identification of validated targets based on niche disease strategy and portfolio fit
- target validation technologies on pathophysiological relevant tissue and cells
- creation of relevant biological screening cascades and rapid testing cycles for compound optimisation
- proficient in rational and structure based drug design and multidimensional optimisation strategies to deliver novel and effective drug candidates
What makes our drug discovery unique?
We are interrogating the causes of pain and re-defining how to approach the underlying disease pathophysiology rather than treating the symptom.
- we study the interaction between immune cells and neurons resulting in neuronal hypersensitisation
- we investigate the role of immune cells in pain-associated inflammatory diseases and beyond
- we tackle new therapeutic targets involved in neuronal integrity
- we utilise induced pluripotent stem cells to allow translational functional studies on differentiated human neurons
- we explore new technologies and strategic research to ensure the success of our most innovative research projects
- using human neuronal tissue, we are exploring the potential of epigenetic therapeutic targets to restore a healthy phenotype and aiming for disease-modification in pain
Focused pre-clinical development – bringing new therapeutic options safely to patients
Our dedicated pre-clinical team applies latest scientific knowledge regarding pre-clinical models to ensure a fast transition from drug discovery to clinical reality – also for diseases with complex mechanisms.
Did you know?
Our expertise includes:
- support of candidate selection and optimisation of modalities
- delivery of robust pre-clinical data packages (e.g., safety, toxicity, pharmacokinetics, metabolism)
- definition and execution of translational plans to enable pharmacodynamic readouts in clinical phase I studies.
- support of clinical development